Turbo or supercharger

lowrider

a supercharger is driven off of pullies attached directly to the enigne, thus giving you instant boost at lower rpms.  On the other hand,a  turbo is driven off of the exhaust that your engine produces, and therefore sometimes has an irritating turbo lag.  A turbo will give you hella top end while a supercharger will give you smooth power throughout the entire power band.  My friend has a turbo ls and he spanks the hell outa my gsr:(   Anyway, the jackson racing supercharger is really well built and makes the car very fun to drive for everyday driving-its really reliable and i think it has a 100,000 mile warranty.  If you plan to do freeway racing i would recomend a turbo-thats wat hondas are all about-high rpms.  Plus since you already have a b20 you should have tons of low end anyway.  Well good luck and either way you go you will have a hella sick ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Super chargers use too much gas? I never heard of that before any car that you put boost to it either its a super charger or a turbo would use more gas than a non boosted car reason for being is because when you have more air going into your engine you also want more fuel so that you dont run lean thats why it is highly recomended that when adding boost to your car you also upgrade the fuel system.

Boost :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Since he's got a hybrid engine with lower compression than normal, it would mainly come down to how much he would want to spend. like overacheiver said, the turbo has lag (i do know a way to reduce the lag greatly) and the supercharger don't. either system would work fine as long as the fuel system is upgraded. i personally chose the Jackson unit to give me the nice amount of boost all through the power band with the lower end of of the B20B/B18C5. now there is a fun combo for everyday driving and racing...UNTOUCHABLE. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Super chargers use too much gas? I never heard of that before any car that you put boost to it either its a super charger or a turbo would use more gas than a non boosted car reason for being is because when you have more air going into your engine you also want more fuel so that you dont run lean thats why it is highly recomended that when adding boost to your car you also upgrade the fuel system.

Boost :devil:

actually True Si i disagree with your statement about u dont want your car to lean. actually the best way to make your car go faster is to lean out your motor but not too far. that is a drag racing secret and has been for like 30 years. if its richer than it is lean it will be slower. if its leaner than rich it will be a hella lot faster. just thought i would put my .02 in

Archived