Civic cooling problem

pudder

Your reservoir is probably cracked somewhere or something. Thus it's inability to hold water..

Or you've got a cracked hose.. Orrrr a high pressure leak somewhere..Just have to look.

yea if you look at the ratiator cap n the rubber seal looks really worn or broken its time to replace it then you will have an air leak in ur system n a possible fluid leak but not enugh to drain ur whole system check n see if the o rings on your drain plug on the bottom of the ratiator are still good you could also be leaking from there...

• 7 months later...

Every cooling system is a "closed" system, (pressure only builds when you shut off the engine at operating temp. (195 degrees F)) this is when the system will leak if you have a leak. The only way to test a radiator cap is to pressure test it. You use a cooling system pressure tester. First you can pressure test the cap, and if it holds pressure, then pressure test the cooling system. You test the cap by attaching it to the pressure tester. To test the cooling system, you attach the pressure tester where the rad cap goes on top of the radiator then pump it up to 12lbs. You can get one at Advance Auto or Autozone. In their "free" loan a tool program, you buy the part (Autozone's price is $79.99), and you get your money back when you return it to the store you got it from. Autozone will let you keep it as long as you need it. Advance Auto only gives you 90 days. Either way that is plenty of time. I know GM cars are 15lbs., I think Honda is 12lbs. but I could be wrong.

Archived