complete rebuild

Solwings

I wanted to know from anyone if i decide to go with another crankshaft, if i will still be able to use my stock b16a rods.

Im doing a complete b16a to b16b conversion. I got the pistons, machined block and was wondering if i should use an after market crankshaft like this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HONDA-C...emZ230145194555

could i use my stock rods or would i have to use h-beam or I-beam rods?

The b16b pistons i bought are standard 81.mm just like b16a.

Is another crankshaft even necessary or is it just something extra that aint needed for an all motor b16B motor?

B16A and B16B cranks are different in ways , but not journal sizes. im sure stock rods would work on an aftermarket crank as long as its specs are that of OEM. you realize you cant do a B16A to B16B conversion cause B16B blocks are different than B16A , just to let you know. a B16B uses a B18C block.

i wasn't sure if it used the same block, but ill get as many b internals as possible. The pistons fit without bore, but a lil bore won't hurt. The head has been completely rebuilt with port and polish, 3 angle valve job, and all skunk internals. I can't wait to get this thing back in my sol and back on the road, im just trying to avoid senseless spending.

if you bought 81mm pistons you cant bore it out , pistons will be too small. just get them recrosshatched(honed). from my experience , B16's are pretty easy on thier walls anyways , as long as its not crazy high mileage , im sure youl be fine. better watch out high wild of a cam you put in there with those CTR pistons , they have a larger compression height and youl be pushing your luck imo.

CTR pistons in a B16A? around the 11.5:1 mark. possiblt smidgen more. thats in the safe range for sure. thats not a problem. just make sure you have valve clearance. im sure youl be fine though. your definitely gonna need tuning.

you know the answer to that dude. shouldnt be that hard to find. im sure the number 1 out of a B18A/B would work as well. arrows point at timing belt.

ya but for the last 2 days i been googleing the crap out of google, and still cant find nuthing. If i decided to go with a gsr block that is assembled, im gonna get new pistons. What else besides the head would i need to make it work right.

ya but for the last 2 days i been googleing the crap out of google, and still cant find nuthing. If i decided to go with a gsr block that is assembled, im gonna get new pistons. What else besides the head would i need to make it work right.

lawlz.

Archived