94 accord side stripe

MattXICE

iight guys i got a 94 aaccord and you kno how theres that big pin type plastic stripe across the door and some of the front and rear quater panel ..do any of you kno if i can just take that off or is there crap underneath it and itll be a hassle? lemme kno if u kno or if yoiuve done it...

Hmm, 1994 Accord Coupe. That means there’s at least 13 years of road dust hidden underneath the strip. Once it is removed, you will have a strip of sheet metal that will be a different color than the rest of your car. Furthermore, there will be small scratches that will need to be buffed and waxed. I have seen some 1994-1997 Accords post accident with adhesive exposed beneath strip after the strip was ripped off in a collision, but I suspect this was done post manufacture.

Since you will be dealing with holes remaining after the strip is removed, you should be prepared to deal with any scratches or adhesive.

Have fun, and don’t pull, you’ll bend the sheet metal. I would dismantle the doors on the inside and compress the expanding pins from the inside with a set of ½ inch pliers. This way, if you don’t like the look, you can reuse the clips.

Hmm, 1994 Accord Coupe. That means there's at least 13 years of road dust hidden underneath the strip. Once it is removed, you will have a strip of sheet metal that will be a different color than the rest of your car. Furthermore, there will be small scratches that will need to be buffed and waxed. I have seen some 1994-1997 Accords post accident with adhesive exposed beneath strip after the strip was ripped off in a collision, but I suspect this was done post manufacture.

Since you will be dealing with holes remaining after the strip is removed, you should be prepared to deal with any scratches or adhesive.

Have fun, and don't pull, you'll bend the sheet metal. I would dismantle the doors on the inside and compress the expanding pins from the inside with a set of ½ inch pliers. This way, if you don't like the look, you can reuse the clips.

alright awesome sounds good thanks alot man

Archived