Updating security system

TS John

My new sol has a Viper security system that came with it that's not currently operational. It was a brand new system when the car was new, so that would be 1993. Yeah, a little outdated. It just has a remote that has two buttons, one with one line and one with two lines on it. I assume that's "arm" and "disarm" right?

There's a place that tells me they could hook it back up for like 80 bucks. All the wiring is there, so honestly I don't know what would need to happen for that, but I do know I hate wiring and am willing to pay to just get it done right rather than spend a lot of time researching and then trying to do it myself.

But, is an old system like that worth it? Could I just use the existing wiring infrastructure to buy a new Viper system and ease my install a lot? Any thoughts?

I'd advise you go with an entirely new system. Install it yourself so no one knows what wires to cut if they should decide to try and jack it.

Ah... Step by steps.... That's exactly what I would need if I wanted to do it myself since wiring, as you may remember, is my nemesis.

The jury is still out on this one, since I'm a bit shy on cash right now. We'll see how it goes.

Archived