HELP where my oil go?

jjcuff1

Hopefully not a bad sign.

I have been driving my 94S for over a month runs great 35/40mpg idles starts fine, AC, traffic, highway no hesitation or smoke.

I had a full tune up oil, cap, rotor, brakes etc

I still ran hot and for about a week I would get my heat to almost hit the red mark for a minute before I turned my heat on or stopped. Within the week I changed my core, thermostat amd hoses. All better now, I didi change my plugs and they were smooth white indicating overheating. I changed them. The oil looked fine, relatively clean, no white antifreeze and no oil in the radiator etc...

All seems fine for last 2 weeks. I just put a CAI on and I noticed oil and cruddy residue on the fronty of my TBI from my stock OEM and looked like it came from the EGR tube that conects to the top of valve cover.

I checked oil seemed dirty after 2 weeks maybe a little low.

With new CAI, all is great, car has great bark more response and I took it on a 5 hr trip to hilton head yesterday, full AC, top down at times, 75mph, no overheating or anything. I stopped after trip and oil looked clean, but low and hot of course.

This morning I check oil and it definetely low. I checked EGR tube still some some liquid residue but not that much. I will open up to see TBI has more gunk on it.

So, no smoke, no strange fluids in either core or oil, 5 hr long trip didi my oil go into the TBI from the EGR? if i burned it, at least half last week why no smoke or smell of smoke or residue? car runs stong so if cylinder seals were failing I would have low compression and crapty MPG?

didi long trip with CAI cause a rich air condition under load and suck oil under vacum through top of valve cover?

Or amd I just crazy, get an oil change and forget it.

car has only 105k

I'd refill your crankcase and watch it for awhile. See what's going on. Just watch it carefully as you've been doing.

Safe to say you're CAI isn't causing it, most likely.

I'd refill your crankcase and watch it for awhile. See what's going on. Just watch it carefully as you've been doing.

Safe to say you're CAI isn't causing it, most likely.

well I think I found the problem. Being away from home I found a jiffy lube open and got there (cough cough) $50 professional oil change just to be safe. rather spend $50 now then get stuck in BFE.

well oil was clean but low and PCV was original and plugged. probably had too much oil at one point and over pressured into the intake, now it was just plugged and splashing over to intake burning oil in tube and manifold.

oil change and new PCV and it diles musch quiter and I noticed the idle dropped 50 RPM it used to sit at 700rpm and 800rpm with a/c now it sits dead nuts at 600rpm and 750 with a/c

all seems better I will check oil level when cool in the morning before I leave but I winded it out a few times and man with new CAI it sounds so cool and is so much fun. I easily hit 62mph in second I am sure that alone dropped my -60mph by at least 1 second. before I had to hit third right at 54mph

A del Sol s should hit 62 at redline in second stock. Sounds like you were having some oil-related performance issues. Explainable since you were prolly overfull.

Archived