weatherstripping replacments?

jjcuff1

my drivers window leaks at the top corner near the windshield. I have to adjust my window/door when I close. It hold fairly tight even in rain but condesnation still builds around it in the morning and water leaks down the windshield behind the whole a pillar.

I need to remove, repair rust under it, then replace and adjust drivers window track.

where can I find gaskets to replace the front? back by the targa?

can I repair the rubber. it looks in good shape but probably deformed, no more memory.

the targa squeaks too when driving, little white grease helps for a while.

I notice the gasket on the 3rd brake housing pastic (small round gasket) whenever I wash the car and touch the black rubber it smears and stains my paint. I have to use degreaser to get rubber off. So it is shot too.

I have smudge marks all around the back of the targe from removal. (white car too)

My window on the driver's side had a problem closing, so that if you didn't push it closed from the top rear corner of the window it would get caught outside the weather stripping. That caused a leak before I noticed it. Once I started getting in the habit of closing it that way, no problem. I bet you guys would have noticed something like that, but I figured just in case...

My window on the driver's side had a problem closing, so that if you didn't push it closed from the top rear corner of the window it would get caught outside the weather stripping. That caused a leak before I noticed it. Once I started getting in the habit of closing it that way, no problem. I bet you guys would have noticed something like that, but I figured just in case...

I noticed that too. The drivers side window will engage in the front first then rotate up into the back corner. this causes the back corner to sit outside the metal targa flange. I found that if I close the window like 1/8" less the back corner fits perfectly underthe rear tab but the front corner fits but is a little low and water trickles in.

Also the window does not rest up as flush/tight to the targa top as the passenger side.

I am going to take the door panel off and adjust what I can to get the window to sit better. I suspect if I adjust the guide track of the little batwing window i can get the window to guide in closer to the car.

I will try the silicon and adjustments first. The seals do look in good shape (no cracking)

I had all those same problems with my wifes Del Sol and bought all new stripping from the dealer. It was around $700 dollars for everything but It's quiet, doesn't leak and looks good. You at least need to replace the leaky ones.

Archived