what are my limits

jolleyjoe

so im lookin to build my motor with a super charger , head work ..cam spings valves and some other stuff..

how much power can the block hold befor the things start to break ...cuz if i dont do a super charger ..im still going to do the head work ...i want to rev higher to like 7k-9k and if im doin some thing like that where is my breaking piont going to be crank rods piston or all the above how much hp can they handel being stock

funny crap..but im burin oil and im going to do a wet dry compression test to see if its the head or block ...at that point i will rebuild ....ive done the ihe on the car and if i do a turbo ill need a new header $300-400 more dollers ..i got the car for only 250 ...so doing the 2 1/2 exuast was really hard to spend the money...

Part of the issue is that you haven't posted any specifics about the motor. I'm guessing just based on looking at your avatar profile that you're wanting to supercharge the F22? and rev it to 9,000 rpm's? Honestly, I would get a better beginner car to work with. Get an EF (88-91 CRX/Civic) or an EG coupe (92-95 Civic) and mess with the D-Series for a little while and then go with a B-Series. Use the Accord as a DD and then once you finish project number 1 and have some Honda sense, then start messing with the F22 or swapping for the H-Series or the Euro-R F22 DOHC motor and you get more complicated with it, rather than just throwing a supercharger and doing head work to a motor that really isn't all that special. Waste your money on a motor that's will yield more power and hold higher revs better than the F22. That's just my opinion though, you do what you want.

-Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just guessing here, but it sounds like you’re not satisfied with the performance of your ride.

I also noticed, you mentioned your burning oil.

Stop me if I am way off, but it sounds like you are losing compression. It also sounds like you want more compression (the supercharger).

Start by fixing the motor you have. You will learn so much by doing this that you will be ready to make good choices about your next ride.

The bonus is that you will stop burning so much gas and you might actually be a little more content with the performance of your current ride.

Just to be clear to everyone reading my post: pet peeve: new rims, performance exhaust, old plugs, dirty air filter, bald tires, squeaky breaks.

Archived