dohc calipers on sohc

weefrenchsailor

i was wondering if anybody knew, with 16" wheels, the dohc vtech calipers and rotors would fit on the si model of 1997 del sol?

i have 94S 9.4" disc front and drums rear. Are the DOHC caliper and rotors bigger? I want bigger front rotors and will do a rear TEG conversion

Rotors and calipers dont have cams

LIES

THEY GOTS DA BUMPSTIKZ THAT BE GETTIN YA'LL CATYWOMPAS WHEN YOU SLAM ONDA BREAKS

Uh, anyway. Yea. It doesn't matter what cams are in what motor..rotors/calipers have not a goddamn thing to do with that.

The whole DOHC thing is not a problem, I know what you mean. You can drop the whole front a arm assembly off of a DOHC sol and swap that directly on to a SOHC sol. I read that you can do it without using the whole a arm but I have no experience on that. You can also drop the whole assembly off of a teg too 94-2001.

well, i hear that the dohc del sols have bigger calipers. i am swapping in a b16 and plan to supercharge it; so i wanted the bigger calipers for the added stopping power. the whole idea of a big brake kit just isnt to appealing. in addition, i was gonna get some factory sized slotted rotors and pads. i was looking at endless for a whole kit, but their website is down. i know they make them for the 92-95 civic, would that work? also, with swapping the dohc brakes, do you mean the front lower control arm?

Isn't the whole idea of a big brake kit exactly what you're doing in upgrading the size of your calipers?

I would say the price is what's unappealing about them, not the idea.

Archived