So I guess I have a Vtec?

ralph

For some reason I thought the Vtec was a more special motor than it was.

After owning the car for 9 months, I find out my '96 EX has a Vtec in it.

Go figure.

Now after years of modding and racing mustangs, I'm eyeing the black sedan out front going... Hrm... Wheels... New paint... Turbo... HMMMM...

So what's a nice wheel to put on these things? Kinda looking for a euro-BMW look. Also any quick upgrade advice would be appreciated.

I never knew this car had like 50hp more than my '91 4-speed hatch!

'91 4-speed what..Civic? Or Mustang Hatch?

Aaaand as far as SPEED goes..I'd stick with the Mustang's. Especially fox bodies..Bang for the buck is FOR REAL on those..

I'm not bashing Honda but uh..yea.

And, yes. Your EX has a vtec motor, not to mention I think it's got one of the nicer d-series transmission's on it. Get yourself a flywheel/clutch/intake/header/exhaust and MAAAAAAYBE a small bottle shot..you'll enjoy it. That of course will be to simply tide you over.. Boosted D-series engine's are the crap. They can take a serious beating.

Of course..suspension mods are nice, too.

As for your choice of rims.. You're obviously using stock 4x100 lug pattern..so you have a veeeeeeery laaaaaaaaaarge choice of rims you can put on there. But, please..don't buy Rota. BBS..SSR..Volk, Work Wheels.. All nice rims..

And now I'm rambling.

'91 4-speed what..Civic? Or Mustang Hatch?

Aaaand as far as SPEED goes..I'd stick with the Mustang's. Especially fox bodies..Bang for the buck is FOR REAL on those..

I'm not bashing Honda but uh..yea.

And, yes. Your EX has a vtec motor, not to mention I think it's got one of the nicer d-series transmission's on it. Get yourself a flywheel/clutch/intake/header/exhaust and MAAAAAAYBE a small bottle shot..you'll enjoy it.

Of course..suspension mods are nice, too.

And now I'm rambling.

No I meant Civic hatch. Although I think this makes more horses than a 2.3 Mustang hatch by a similar amount!

This Civic is an automatic, so all that stuff isn't really applicable. The gf drives it everyday anyway. I guess I'd be better off just making it pretty rather than the $3300 edelbrock turbo kit then, eh?

single cam vtecs are weak you cant do nothin to them but turbo them and hope you can do atmost a mid 15 secs in the quarter mile an 4drs are ugly but if you really want to fix it up and make it atleast look fast put 15's or 16's on it with low profile wheels with some nice sparco rims which are pretty hard to find and you can get a complete turbo kit for 500-1000 dollars for a sohc vtec

single cam vtecs are weak you cant do nothin to them but turbo them and hope you can do atmost a mid 15 secs in the quarter mile an 4drs are ugly but if you really want to fix it up and make it atleast look fast put 15's or 16's on it with low profile wheels with some nice sparco rims which are pretty hard to find and you can get a complete turbo kit for 500-1000 dollars for a sohc vtec

Dude I have a 99" EX coupe SOHC VTEC D16 and they can be powerful with the right parts and a turbo you can push easily 300hp. As a matter of fact a SOHC VTEC engine can handle up to approx. 450 - 500hp. As far as the 4dr if you like your car, HOOK IT UP! I see alot of fixed up 4dr civics in Miami and they look nice.

MOST. RETARDED. POST. EVAR.

yeah.. just put wheels on it.. that'll make it faster.

For some reason I thought the Vtec was a more special motor than it was.

After owning the car for 9 months, I find out my '96 EX has a Vtec in it.

Go figure.

Now after years of modding and racing mustangs, I'm eyeing the black sedan out front going... Hrm... Wheels... New paint... Turbo... HMMMM...

So what's a nice wheel to put on these things? Kinda looking for a euro-BMW look. Also any quick upgrade advice would be appreciated.

I never knew this car had like 50hp more than my '91 4-speed hatch!

This one ranks second. Boo for automatics. :help:

So could you make the same numbers out of a D16 for the money a B18 costs from a reliable source? Is one motor better than the other if I'm interested in circuit track instead of drag racing?

So could you make the same numbers out of a D16 for the money a B18 costs from a reliable source? Is one motor better than the other if I'm interested in circuit track instead of drag racing?

Bueller? Ferris Bueller? Anyone?

Archived