Remote car starter on an 2006 accord coupe LX?

dr0832

I want to get a remote starter but they are trying to charge to much at local places so I was thinking about ordering one online. I was looking at the Valet and Viper systems. What I would like to know is what parts I need to purchase in addition to the remote starter in order to by pass the anti-theft system and ensure that the keyless entry works with the new remote that I will get with the remote starter. Anyone have any insights? Please post links. Thanks.

It'll be kinda hard to bypass the factory ant-theft if your doing it yourself.Thats built in the computer.

Ive seen one done.It was off a 2001 Accord.What we did was we removed the orginal ignition switch and tumbler assy. with its orginal factory programmed key in it and tide it with the after market remote starter system.Then you would install a whole ignition and tumbler assy.(earlier model type 97' below ).

Thats how we did it.

• 3 months later...

if u did it congrats, but i gotta say that'd be damn near impossible... see the problem is that the 06's have a locking mechanism inside the engine that locks the piston heads untill you insert the key... its called an imobilizer... and your engine wont start untill then... basically its one of the greatest anti theft mechanisms out at the moment...

so, i wouldnt suggest over riding this because it would make your car MUCH more suseptable to theft, and it would also be EXTREMELY expensive...

good luck ne how...

• 1 month later...

I got a car starter on my 2002 Accord SE, I got it done at some place, and it cost me around $180, I don't remember the exact amount. They had to use an over ride module but they just programmed that to my ignition key. Other places were saying they needed an extra key to have permanently attached somewhere near the ignition. It would have cost less if I hadn't added on it the remote door unlock and trunk release, I didn't have a remote for my door locks before. There are however a few dissapointments.

Archived