Did I mess up my suspension?

Well, I planned on painting my stealies black so I jacked up a corner of my car yesterday and once I had the wheel off I remembered that my friend was using my jackstands. So I just put the wheel back on and let it down for another day. But now, that corner sits a little bit higher than the rest of the car.....I hope to god that the suspension just has to "set" and it will go back to normal but if I take a tape measure over there then its about an inch higher than the other corners of the car. It still works though, when I sit on that corner the suspension works fine. I'm going to go look at it with a tape measure and see how it did over night. I'm stumped.

0.02 anyone?

Yeah, springs need to be under load for a bit to properly sit right. No biggee at all.

Edit: This is assuming you used the right jacking point. Hondas are easy cuz they have that little metal nub or whatever to get the jack under, but anywhere on the rail that connects the two nubs (front and back) is good.

I used the jack that came with the car because a friend was using my floor jack. The one that came with my car had a little divit I guess you would call it, and I assumed the jack point was where the little nub was, it fit right into the jack =/

I've been driving it around for a few days and I measured. It only sits about a quarter of an inch higher and I'm hoping its just tire pressure differences...

It could be that and also one of the complaints about springs instead of coilovers is a slightly uneven stance some times.

He speaks the truth my setup does that.

Archived