1994 civic engine swap

Craven12

Hey guys, new here. I have a 94 Civic with a D15B (fuel injected of course) engine with auto tranny, I am replacing. The motor that was sent to me was a ZC motor with dual carbs. They insist I only have to change the intake manifold, distributor, and seal up the fuel pump hole. Is this true? And what are the differences between the ZC and the D15B? Which one is the better motor? Should I make them send the right one, or just work with what I got? Thanks in advance for any help.

Craven

a sohc zc is pretty much a d15vtec so if you have a sohc zc i dont see why you cant just switch those parts over to your zc but still zc's and single cam vtecs are weak i agree with with the guy before me just swap it with a b series motor maybe a lsvtec or gsr

The ZC I received is a SOHC non vtech. I put it in yesterday, and everything works great. I plugged the fuel pump hole, swapped distributors, changed the intake and exhaust manifolds, plugged the harness in and hit the key. Runs beautiful. Thanks for all your help.

Mike

Archived