Alternator Lower Bolt Frozen-What to do next?

Seany_C

I am in the process or removing a bad alternator on a 92 Civic. The top two bolts came out fine and I got the nut off of the lower bolt.

My problem is that the lower bolt is correded into the mount. How can I get this thing out short of torching it (No torch available)?

spray penetrating lube on the seam , have the belt off and top bolt out , and keep prying it back and forth , back and forth till it loosens up. than using ratchet extensions and a hammer , start trying to punch the long bolt out from the drivers side wheel well. it will come. make sure you leave the nut on the long bottom bolt just enough so the threads are flush with the top of the nut. if not youl mushroom the end and make it unusable. make sure you can pry it back and forth loosly by hand before beating on it , lol. before reinstalling new alternator , the bottom bracket on the engine has on one side a little slider , make sure you beat it open again , otherwise it will be a pain in the ass to get the new alternator into the bottom bracket.

Archived