Anyone know the answer?

dfj240

Hey I'm looking into an 85 Accord right now, that I can pick up for $250, in running condition. It will need a driver door, but that's it. I am planning either an F-Series, B-Series, or possibly an H-Series (if possible), but I was wondering what the curb weight of the 85 Hatch Accord's is. Anyone know? I know that they use the old ES2 carb motor, but I wasn't sure what to expect as far as performance was concerned considering the weight. Thanks for your help..

-Nathan

forget about engine swapping an FI engine into a carb car dude.

lol.. No, not completely.. I know it will be a hefty little project, but as far as I've seen it's a feasible one. I would need the gas lines and all that from an CB or even a CG in order for the fuel system to operate properly. It will serve as a daily beater for now, but I might try to get crazy with it later.. IMO an 85 Accord with an H22 would be one of the ultimate sleepers.. Of course, I'm not sure whether I want to spend that kind of money on it just yet, but it may be a possibility.. Still can't seem to find exact data, but thanks for the estimates.. I know it's a bit heavier than the Rex, but I would figure it being less than 2,400.. I'll keep looking.. Thanks all..

-Nathan

Well, I bought the Accord tonight and also found the answer to my question.. The 85 Accord Hatchback weighs 2,272, and the sedan weighs 2,315. I have the Hatch. Thanks for the responses..

-Nathan

Archived