NEW RIMS NEED NEW TIRES...

EZNACHO

I just got the LS MESHES I payed 100 for them without tires... I wanted to know what tires would be a good size for my car "THE ONE ON THE SIG" (DA) The car has stock suspension and stock height. Just wanted to know what SIZE TIRES I SHOULD GET please post your opinions! Thank YOu.

Why not ask a tire shop what they recommend?

That's a pretty vague question. We don't know whether or not you're going to lower your car(sidewall height comes into play there) or what.

Why not ask a tire shop what they recommend?

That's a pretty vague question. We don't know whether or not you're going to lower your car(sidewall height comes into play there) or what.

VAGUE??? I'm describing to you how my car is SET UP AT THE MOMENT for a reason!

It's VAGUE, you clown because EVEN THOUGH IT'S AT STOCK RIDE HEIGHT AND STOCK SUSPENSION NOW, THE TIRES YOU BUY FOR IT THEN MAY NOT FIT AFTER LOWERING. Permitted you do so.

Ass.

It's VAGUE, you clown because EVEN THOUGH IT'S AT STOCK RIDE HEIGHT AND STOCK SUSPENSION NOW, THE TIRES YOU BUY FOR IT THEN MAY NOT FIT AFTER LOWERING. Permitted you do so.

Ass.

Please tell me who the heck said anything about lowering it? WHO huh WHO? Exactly now if you don't have opinions about what tire size/measurements to use STFU and go call someone else an ass.

I'll pass, you illiterate little child. :)

I suppose you're just going to leave out the part where I said -- "permitted you do it"?

oh for gods sake... here we go again.

anyways... im assuming you will be keeping the sidewall the same because that just makes sense... maybe not, but im assuming. now you really don't have too many options on that wheel. you could go as small as a 185 probably, but what is the point in that. as for wider, you will be able to go up to a 215 even lowered you will be ok (lowered reasonably) mainly because of the offset of that wheel. the only way you will REALLY be running into problems is if you put on some silly thick wheel spacers that would take you out beyond +40 on your offset. but those wheels being stock gsr wheels were made fairly conservative at a 6 inch width, and you should be able to run anything between 185 and 205, i would recommend a 205 as they ran a 195 from the factory(195-55-15). 215 is just too damn wide for the width of the wheel and you would be squeezing it and messing with the tire's contact patch by doing so. the only reason i know all of this is because i an gettin 15's for my sol, but i will be able to go a bit wider due to the fact that im getting wider than stock 15's 6.5-7 inch width probably rota c8's. but once again, good choice on those oem gsr's i really like them!

any ideas on what tire you will be getting? Brand and model? just curious

oh for gods sake... here we go again.

anyways... im assuming you will be keeping the sidewall the same because that just makes sense... maybe not, but im assuming. now you really don't have too many options on that wheel. you could go as small as a 185 probably, but what is the point in that. as for wider, you will be able to go up to a 215 even lowered you will be ok (lowered reasonably) mainly because of the offset of that wheel. the only way you will REALLY be running into problems is if you put on some silly thick wheel spacers that would take you out beyond +40 on your offset. but those wheels being stock gsr wheels were made fairly conservative at a 6 inch width, and you should be able to run anything between 185 and 205, i would recommend a 205 as they ran a 195 from the factory(195-55-15). 215 is just too damn wide for the width of the wheel and you would be squeezing it and messing with the tire's contact patch by doing so. the only reason i know all of this is because i an gettin 15's for my sol, but i will be able to go a bit wider due to the fact that im getting wider than stock 15's 6.5-7 inch width probably rota c8's. but once again, good choice on those oem gsr's i really like them!

any ideas on what tire you will be getting? Brand and model? just curious

Yeah I am going to get KHUMO TIRES :) Thanks for the INPUT

• 1 month later...

go with a 205/50zr15. they should be wide enough to stick to the road and not too much height for them to roll. trust me i work at a tire store:thumbup:

Yea, actually Billy on some tires it is.

I had Nitto's on the Bullitt's I had on my old Mustang that were 315/45/ZR18.

Archived