blowing a fuse

so i just got some LEDs. wired some up in the trunk so they turn on when its opened, pretty clean. then i also wired up some more for inside. i already had 4 streetglow neons going to the battery with a fuse. so instead of running a new power wire i just spliced into the power wire that i used for the neons, its 14-16 gauge. all the lights turned on fine, but then after a little bit, they fuse blew. so my question is, is it possible for it to be drawing too much power now? LEDs draw so little current so thats why i was curious. its possible that the power and ground is touching, which would cause it to blow, but i dont want to tear up the interior to check that spot where my switch is. i dont think its drawing too much power, but if the ground and power are not touching, is it possible its drawing too much power for the wire?

your probably drawing to much current. those neons draw a lot of current for the inverters to power them and idk how u have it all wired up but chances your drawing to much current ova that fuse and maken it do it's job, blow.

since it died after a lil bit then your drawing to much power, just enough to blow the fuse.

do u kno how to draw schematics at all? draw one up of it and i can tell u what to do?

hit me up on aim if u want more info, i have 4 years of electronics schooling woot woot

and your not drawign power your drawing current, two diffrent things:-p

fixed it. the power and ground were touching at the switch. where i mounted it, it wasnt deep enough to use the plugs that go on the end of the switch, so i just had some wire twisted with electrical tape. a guess i couple wires got loose and were touching. looks good now

fixed it. the power and ground were touching at the switch. where i mounted it, it wasnt deep enough to use the plugs that go on the end of the switch, so i just had some wire twisted with electrical tape. a guess i couple wires got loose and were touching. looks good now

Archived