Mazda Rev It Up!

BuddySol

Anyone hear of this? Get to go behind a Mazda6 and basically autox them. Sounds like fun and apparently my friends signed me up for the one out in Orange County this coming weekend. So, anyone else going? I'll be sure to toss around the 6...as well as test out the rest of the Mazda line. To bad we can't test drive the RX-8 :mad:

Mazda Rev It Up!!!

Dude...no one going to this either? y'all suck...

...oh well more cones for me to run over... :laugh: It's free for those that just show up, you can play in the game area...and you can test drive the rest of the Mazda lineup, except the RX-8 from what i hear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, well I know it's been a couple weeks since this happened over here in OC, but I got to say that it was a fun event, and if any of you have a chance to head out to it, you should. I think right now, it's somewhere in Texas moving eastward...

Yah, it's all Mazdas and you autox the new 6. But overall it's a fun event. It'd be kind of neat if Honda pulled off something like this. Although, they advertise it is as a driving clinic, it isn't helpful much in that aspect. Well they were teaching things I already knew, but I'm sure the typical driver, which is whom this event is really aimed at, would find it informative.

Overall my times sucked and I was pegging cones left and right in the practice course. Oh well, but I did decent on the real course, and only hit 1 cone during my first run. Got two silver pins. The instructors are everywhere and telling you what you did wrong, what you did right, and how to improve your technique which was pretty cool.

The other fun part was testing out the rest of the Mazda lineup. Drove the Mazdaspeed Protege, which is an ok car. Kind of dissapointing, but overall not bad. My friends were trying to get me into a Miata, which I would have but it was near closing time and the line was just horrendous for the evil car. So instead, we packed in the MPV and saw what that puppy could do in the corners. Which is a bad thing actually, cause we got in trouble. Good thing we did our events, or else we would have been banned from competition. :laugh: Couldn't test drive the RX8, but there were plenty around to sit in and look at.

Anyhow, check out the event when it hits your neck of the woods. I don't know how much it was to participate in the competition (since we went as guests of Falken Tires). I would say compete in the event, because if you win, you'll be eligible to race at Laguna Seca! Even if you don't rank up there, you should still go autox the new 6. If anything, you can do things in that car that you normally wouldn't do in your own. The rest of the event, like the test drive section, arcade, and stuff are free.

for more info: www.mazdarevitup.com

Archived