Northern VA Crossroad Picnic ! (MUST SEE!)

S1L1C0N

The Crossroad would like to formally invite HondaForums to join us @ our first Picnic of the season.

The Crossroad was developed for the true Car Enthusiast. We are a group of people who respect the time, pride, effort, and work that people like you put into their ride. The Crossroad is not a club nor a "crew." In fact we are now made up drivers worldwide, members of other clubs, and people who are looking to share their love for cars with others. Whether you are into Auto Cross, Drag Racing, Road Racing, Road Rallies, Car Shows, Cruises or just talking about or getting help with projects for your ride The Crossroad is for you. Many clubs do not have the technical resources to develop forums for users to keep in touch between meetings, this is what we bring to the table. Interested in a private forum for your club? Activity schedules & Announcements? Let us know.

----------------------------------------------------------

Mark your calenders folks this event is OPEN TO EVERYONE, so please bring friends and fellow auto geeks ! !

Sunday May 18 2003 we will be pulling into the lot @

5440 Cherokee Avenue

Alexandria, Virginia 22315

This is located right off Edsall Road near the intersection of 495 & 395. Location photos can be found HERE

We will begin at 2PM, look forward to staying till the end ! Making an appearance will be the world famous Segway and yes, you will get to ride it after some instruction from me!

home_main.jpg

We will also be pulling out 2 or 3 mystery exotic cars, and by exotic I DO mean exotic, as in Lambo, Ferrari, custom built porsche or who knows what ;) . the hoods will be open for you to all drool over and get close to. Fine, here is a small glimpse at what the hell i'm talking about!

DSC00016.sized.jpg

As you can see HERE .There is plenty of parking for everyone to park in a row facing out so that we can see our cars, a picnic area is right next to the parking area so were no mroe than 20 yards from the cars. Aerial photos will be taken from the roof. There is plenty of room to run around so BRING THE KIDS ! Restrooms are readily available to us and there will be tons of Hot Dogs & Burgers on the massive grill. Feel free to show up with a covered dish. No alcohol please, due to the family nature of this event and well, the fact that you are drivin home! There is much more to come!

Lets see:

FOOD

Sexy Cars

Happy Kids

Lots of photos

Segway Human Transporter

Wireless Internet Access

Plenty of tables

Mystery Cars

Great Music

Restrooms on site

What more could you want! Oh, how about special parking for show cars, FINE! Cars that wish to show themselves off pull into the coned off front lot, all other beaters, minivans and hoopties, pull around back ! WHOOO !

This event is OPEN TO EVERYONE, so please bring friends and fellow auto geeks !

Please RSVP to: edson@crossroadonline.com so that we can get a Head Count.

Virginia? dag, and I wanted to check out the segway... I don't think I can make it, that's quite a commute from SoCal... but hey, I'll go ahead and move this to the correct forum :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bring your cameras folks, announcing the appearance of Crossroad Cutie:

Jessica M.

jm.jpg

She will be there to model with your rides ;) Courtesy of Crossroad Auto & Racing Enthusiasts !

THE PICNIC WILL GO ON RAIN OR SHINE, It is sunday morning and we are going from rain to drizzle with patches of no precip. We regret to inform that the Moonbounce will not be available due to the rain (requires electricity), The Segway also will not be making an appearance due to the rain. We look forward to meeting some of you under the tents And there will be seating under a partially covered area of the building (unless the sky is falling, you wont get wet) Remember, this event is about meeting new folks with the same interest, automobiles, not showing your cars, If the cars are scared of a lil rain, no biggie, come out in the minivan! Either way, I promise no muddy parking asphalt only!

The Crossroad

Photos are now up in the Events Gallery! A special thanks to Crossroad Cutie Jessica M. for coming out to play on a cloudy day, actually, I think it was her who kept the rain away ;) also to our sponsors:

Excessive Motorsports East

D&V Auto Body

&

Car TrendZ

for the hard work in putting out a helping hand to get this event going with only the best of standards. And thanks to all that attended ignoring the forcast and willing to meet new folks!

The Link

Crossroad_Picnic_014.sized.jpg

Crossroad_Picnic_090.sized.jpg

Archived