Engine Restore?

So.. my car has been running like crap lately. Honestly, I haven't really driven it in the past 5 months.

The transmission is completely f'ed up (don't expect anyone to know about autos) and the engine is leaking oil and running a little weird. I don't expect anyone to know what my oil leak is either, because after 5 mo and $1,000 I can't figure it out.

ANYWAY.. so the engine is running rough, shaking a little, and idles funny. I know I could play with my IACV and all that, but that's not a real fix. It's just a cover up. So I was wondering, what can I do to improve this? After 120,000 hard miles, it's just a bad engine. I checked vac lines, all that, nothing is wrong. So what do you think? Will engine restore work? Or should I use Sea foam or something like that?

PS- I just added in some kind of stop leak, hopefully that will work something for me.

speaking of misery , i put an exedy clutch in a 92 prelude with a JDM H22A swap monday night. im thinking possibly , never again , lol.

speaking of misery , i put an exedy clutch in a 92 prelude with a JDM H22A swap monday night. im thinking possibly , never again , lol.

I do believe I remember SSR posting up a thread about how gay Prelude tranny/clutch installs are.

I guess I should give more info..

I don't want to put any more money into this car. Right now I'm just trying to sell it. So I'm trying to make it run as well as possible while spending as little money as possible.

I'd take it someplace and have a dealer-trained and certified mechanic look at it, or someone you know is good at least. Take their advice and then do the work yourself. Then sell it as soon as possible.

Archived