Water leaks behind back window?

Wendy

Hey I realized this has been discussed before on here......

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...p;hl=water+leak

but has anyone experience

the water leaking behind the window on their Del Sol? When you are driving you actually hear water sloshing

behind the back seat next to the trunk. (like the previous thread link above?)

I don't have it in the trunk but do I replace the clips, like this for this problem?

http://www.elneckio.com/stuff/crx/newclips/newclips.html

Thanks for the help.

-Wendy

The only time I can hear the water sloshing around like that is right after I wash my car. I let it sit for awhile and it drains out and then no more noise. I would definately check it out and do that test to make sure it is indeed draining and not clogged.

The only time I can hear the water sloshing around like that is right after I wash my car. I let it sit for awhile and it drains out and then no more noise. I would definately check it out and do that test to make sure it is indeed draining and not clogged.

Thanks!

It is draining some what.....

There will be times when it just rained and the sloshing sound will be big and then I let my car sit a bit

and the sound becomes less......

So I want to make sure I fix this so it does not rust my car.

I am just wondering if the clips are the things I need to replace?

Thanks!

It is draining some what.....

There will be times when it just rained and the sloshing sound will be big and then I let my car sit a bit

and the sound becomes less......

So I want to make sure I fix this so it does not rust my car.

I am just wondering if the clips are the things I need to replace?

here you go

it shouldnt be too hard, just take some time being carefull. its basically just taking out screws. just set a day aside to do it, and keep track of all your screws. ive taken the compartments out before, its really not that difficult. you could probably do it leaving the seats in, but they might be in the way.

it shouldnt be too hard, just take some time being carefull. its basically just taking out screws. just set a day aside to do it, and keep track of all your screws. ive taken the compartments out before, its really not that difficult. you could probably do it leaving the seats in, but they might be in the way.

Cool thanks. I am a small girl so that helps. I don't think I need to take the seats out.

So is this where the water is?

from what you described thats where it seems to be coming from. in those pictures, you can see there is a plugged drainage hole. this is fairly common for del sols, but luckily i havnt had to do it with mine.

from what you described thats where it seems to be coming from. in those pictures, you can see there is a plugged drainage hole. this is fairly common for del sols, but luckily i havnt had to do it with mine.

Ya this is a new problem. It sounds like it is right behind my back seats...UGH!

Just when the water sloshing is slowly disappearing...now it is supposed to rain here..OH OH! :mad:

I love My Del Sol though....it is my baby.

Yeah, my friend's old 960 used to pour throught the sunroof when it rained. Fixed it with duct tape.

Del sols seem to suffer from rather chronic leaks, be it the roof or the trunk. I'd love to get new seals for this new one I'm getting but the expense is rather high. What's the cheapest people had this done for?

Yeah, my friend's old 960 used to pour throught the sunroof when it rained. Fixed it with duct tape.

Del sols seem to suffer from rather chronic leaks, be it the roof or the trunk. I'd love to get new seals for this new one I'm getting but the expense is rather high. What's the cheapest people had this done for?

I think it is leaking somewhere behind the window..not sure (at least that is where the sloshing sound is).

Anyways it rained yesterday and now...more water UGH!

I am going to attempt this very soon myself. I will let you guys know it goes.

Thanks for all the help!

-Wendy

i think to replace all of them it is around $500 >_< , could be off though

Archived