Okay, I'm done!

Col

My Prelude just had too many things going wrong with it. This morning I could hear the CV creaking for the first time... but that's okay, it was set to be traded in for an immaculate Celica anyway. The Celica has low mileage, one lady owner and appears to have been looked after (I got to see it as it was brought in, so I know the dealer didn't fix it up). I wanted the 2002 Civic SiR as I loved the handling, but I couldn't find one in the condition I was looking for (got to avoid another stinker!). The price on the Celica was good for this area as well, so I saved $3k against the going SiR price and got that instead.

I regret that my first impression of Honda was to get a poor quality car, because I have a feeling that the Prelude is a better car Celica if treated right. Thanks for all your advice and help on my issues with the Prelude. It was appreciated, but it's a shame that I never got to start playing with the fun stuff! I'll still be popping in here, but from now on I understand that I belong to the enemy :)

Cheers, Col

good choice looking after the family first col , good show. im sure thats a good car you got there with no worries of breaking down anytime soon. good luck dude.

the celica is a 5 spd right

Yes, it's only the 5 speed. It's a compromise between myself and my wife - sporty looking, fairly good performance, great condition, economical and lower insurance. I would have preferred something a little quicker, maybe an RSX-S, BMW or STi, but as Cranny knows I also have to think about my family as well. The previous owner has followed the service manual to the letter, taking it back to Toyota for every service at the right time. Fingers crossed - I don't think this one is planning on becoming high maintenance too soon. I'm even treating it nicely :)

sounds like a deal. pics asap

Hmm, posting a Toyota in a Honda forum? So far this car has been pretty fun. It looks better and feels more grown up than the SiR... but the gearbox and the handling doesn't quite match it. Don't get me wrong though, they are very close - I would have been happy with either. I waiting until my wife gets bored with her Protege, then I'm going to convince her to get the SiR so I can drive both :D

ynflps.jpg

Archived