Mods

jeffthenaef

Hey, I am new to the forms/car world. This is my first project car, so I need a bit of help.

I have a 1988 honda prelude, I was wondering what proformace mods I should start out with? Air, suspention, etc...

ur going to get the same response from everyone else on hf.

exhaust, header, intake, coil springs or coilovers, nice head unit and some speakers and ull be set! :thumbsup:

Well, you won't be set with all that with an '88. We're talking repair stuff too at that age.

I'd make a list of every complaint you have with your car and then start fixing everything you can, first. All the small stuff you can do cheap will start to add up and make a huge difference.

For me, suspension and brakes were my two biggest concerns since they affect comfort, driving feel, and safety. So I redid that. Next I would probably have done transmission/shifting mods, since that would make the car more fun to drive.

Once you've addressed that stuff I say either mod the engine you've got or swap it and then mod it, depending on your wants. I/H/E is usually enough for most people so start there.

Once you've done all that, then you'll be good.

Dunno why I responded with such a long response to such a standard question. But I guess it sort of applies to them all so hopefully some people will read it.

I want to put as much crap in it as I can. What do you think is the most bang for your buck in parts?

me personally, I would buy the exhaust even though it only gives u roughly 5 hp...exhaust is more of a fun upgrade than performance upgrade...but more flow is always better :thumbsup:

me personally, I would buy the exhaust even though it only gives u roughly 5 hp...exhaust is more of a fun upgrade than performance upgrade...but more flow is always better :thumbsup:

maby, but my whole philosophy on this car is speed before flash. Like I said it is an 88 and it look to be a POS from the previous owner but still runs,drives, and sounds ok (except for the muffler).

Archived