Transmission Trouble

stairman

if it still works good , leave it alone.

I agree but it's not working well. Seems to get confused once in a while between the shifts and doesn't know what it wants to do. Sometimes it revs a little in between shifts too. What do you think?

I agree but it's not working well. Seems to get confused once in a while between the shifts and doesn't know what it wants to do. Sometimes it revs a little in between shifts too. What do you think?

By the way, I am pushing 200k on the odometer.

By the way, I am pushing 200k on the odometer.

Same issue same millage on my 94 accord. Does the same thing, revs a bit when switching gears. Seems if it take it easy its a little better on it, but I cant drive like that ;). I haven't changed the screen yet, will have to do that soon see if it helps. I should of shopped around for a 5 speed, piss me off found one in TO for the same price as I paid for my auto, but thats a different story. My tranny is also crummy.

Same issue same millage on my 94 accord. Does the same thing, revs a bit when switching gears. Seems if it take it easy its a little better on it, but I cant drive like that ;). I haven't changed the screen yet, will have to do that soon see if it helps. I should of shopped around for a 5 speed, piss me off found one in TO for the same price as I paid for my auto, but thats a different story. My tranny is also crummy.

I was talking to a Honda parts department manager and he told me about Lubeguard. Said shops even use it to smooth out problems like this. Only thing is they don't sell it.

inside the tranny is a screen for a filter. it sucks that its inside cause you cant clean it at will. also change fluid and clean the drain plug as it gathers grinds.

inside the tranny is a screen for a filter. it sucks that its inside cause you cant clean it at will. also change fluid and clean the drain plug as it gathers grinds.

hey i used to have a 94 auto ex accord and it would rev inbetween shifts a lot and it got really bad. Turns out my torqu converter was going out, i didnt catch it in time and it went all the way out shatered and tore up my trany! :( i would def b careful use some sort of lucas lube and if it continues have it checked out by a trany shop

Archived