Front end play

CRXJerk

The CRX started to make some noise in the front end so I stopped and checked it out. I started by pushing and pulling on the front left tire (towards and away from motor) and found that there was some play. I removed the tire and did the same to the break assembly and found that the axe is moveing slightly. I know that the axle isn't a structural part and is only there to spin the tire. My question is, what parts keep the axle where it is? Is it the tie rods? Upper control arm?

if your pushing and pulling on the top of the tire its most likely an upper balljoint. if you can pry apart the LCA and spindle at all , its a lower balljoint. make sure your axle nut is tight.

i'm gonna say wheel bearing or upper ball joint

best way to find out is get the car off the ground and lay under it, have someone move the tire and see where it is moving from. if it is moving up and down it's a wheel bearing or ball joint. if it move just side to side it's a tie rod end or wheel bearing. if it moves in all directions you have alot of broke parts or a wheel bearing.

hope that helps you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived