Kicksome123

Kicksome123

Well I should be getting my turbo kit pretty freakin soon so I had a few questions..

1. The kit im buying comes with a tapped oil pan and oil lines for the turbo, where to I run the oil lines to get oil to the turbine?

2. What kind of questions should I ask a turbo tuner to see if they know what they are actually doing?

3. about how long do yall think I can drive the car safely before tune

4. how long does it take to put one on(no longer than a weekend I hope...)

5. how long does a tune take?

Well I should be getting my turbo kit pretty freakin soon so I had a few questions..

1. The kit im buying comes with a tapped oil pan and oil lines for the turbo, where to I run the oil lines to get oil to the turbine?

2. What kind of questions should I ask a turbo tuner to see if they know what they are actually doing?

3. about how long do yall think I can drive the car safely before tune

4. how long does it take to put one on(no longer than a weekend I hope...)

5. how long does a tune take?

1. No idea, sorry.

2. Where are you located? Might be able to point you in the direction of some reputable places.

3. You could most likely run the car for a long time, depending on how beat the engine is, at low boost and not beating it. I recommend getting tuned as soon as possible.

4. Never done or seen a naturally aspirated motor gone turbo, so I have no idea, but not that long I'd suppose.

5. Tune depends on what modifications you are going up to, because they have to fine tune for the new stuff. Generally the first tune takes two hours about, from what I hear, but re-tunes are generally fairly quick, again depending on what you add. Also depends on if you dyno tune, street tune, or just get a base map. Also, depends on the tuner, if they know what they are doing or have done a similar setup, should be pretty quick.

They have FWD SR20DET's I believe, blue top is what they are called I think. SR20DE's are in Nissan Sentra SE-R's and Infiniti G20's, I wanted a G20 so bad to do the DET swap; sleeper! But from what I hear, Nissan is much more of a bitch to work on, that's why I didn't go that route.

if you plan on running it for awhile, just unhook a section of piping from the intake side and throw a cone filter on the pipe (keep the one on the turbo too) and just let the air blow around your engine bay.

Dropped a motor that operates RWD cars in a FWD car?

Musta' took more than a day and a half.

not all the new SE-R's come with sr20's though, my friends is called a bluebird motor, i forget what car it comes in in japan but yeah the g20's have them too. but it really wasn't a hard swap at all.

nissans really are not bad to work on man, i love there motors though, the power they can produse is really worth it, and nowdays theres a big market for sr20's.

the only thing i dislike about nissans is there handling sucks compared to hondas, but in a straight line i get smoked :blush:

Uh, I have nothing against Nissan. I never said I did. I prefer Nissan to Honda's, personally. Nissan just generally runs a lot more expensive than Honda.

not all the new SE-R's come with sr20's though, my friends is called a bluebird motor, i forget what car it comes in in japan but yeah the g20's have them too. but it really wasn't a hard swap at all.

SR20DE's...atleast for the G20's...

Archived