Hrm, mini-swap on my 1st gen

Kicksome123

I was planning on doing a mini-me swap on my D15A3 since I have a spare D16Y8 laying around with some spun rod bearings. The head and intake manifold is what I was planning on putting on there. Anyone ever done this before or will it even work? I dont know how to wire up VTEC either... I just figured I would ask around about this.

I just really wanted to hear what VTEC would sound like on the old CRX with the kind of muffler thats on it. Freakin thing is loud as crap... Its a bobo exhaust system made by 3ARacing, sounds more like a muscle car than anything xD

Yea sure go ahead and flame whatever. Seriously what all do I have to buy for this to work. The block has 173k miles on it but still runs really well. If it does in fact work I will buy a cheap header and use the D16 IM and TB and put on there and then use the head that I got and put on there, New clutch. I think it will run pretty damn good with that stuff on there. What mm is the stock D15A3 TB? Is it smaller than the stock D16Y8?

Edit: would it be smart to buy a new gasket set(head gasket, valve cover gasket, etc...) also how am I going to wire up VTEC?

Archived