what to do...what to do....

the_carless_wonder

Okay, being new to this whole car mumbojumbo I have a few questions to ask. I have a 2003 civic lx coupe (5 spd). I want to make my car look and sound nice. Speed is always a plus, but Im not gonna worry too much about it cause I figure I'd be better off with a whole engine swap than trying to sup up a stock lx engine (without v-tec). Keep in mind the car, as it is sits, is completely stock except for tinted windows. With that being said on with the questions:

1) What should I do first?

2) What is the most cost effective way to make my car sound good?

3) Interior or exterior mods first?

4) What is the best way to lower my car? (coilovers, lowering springs, bricks in the trunk, etc...)

I appreciate your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks

like you said, don't do any engine mods until you can swap in a K20. don't even do intake, waste of money.

1. first? probably wheels. 17s look good on them newer civics, but they will kill performance (not like you care). if price isn't really a problem, i would go with 17 inch gunmetal VOLK SE37Ks. if price is a problem, i would look at anything from rota (subzeros would look good).

2. exhaust? it depends on how loud you want it. pick up an apexi world sports muffler for a nice quiet mellow tone, or an apexi n1 muffler for a louder tone. take your choice down to a muffler shop and have them fab up some custom 2.5 inch piping for you. don't forget the resonator.

3. exterior. everybody on the road can see your exterior mods, but only you and some passengers can see interior mods. obvious answer, right? personally, i like this carbon fiber front lip from Fiber Images. http://www.fiberimages.com/images/products...ivicfrntlip.jpg

just stay away from the ricey body kits and you are OK in my book.

4. i would do coilovers, simply becuase you can change the height of your car easily if you get tired of the slammed look, or want to go a little bit lower.

Well as a 98 Honda Civic LX owner I'd tell you not to rush things. Take your time. I have big plans ahead for my car. But remember think of the car and the warranties u bought for it. If you do something wrong the dealer wont do anything and wont cover any damage. I know becuz I work for a dealer myself. I'd say always keep in mind rims and tires go first then body kit then lowering. Not too many smart people do that. Then later u mess up badly and you screw up your car and all.

any suggestions on some cost effective body kits?

Jackass you said get some 2.5 tubing. Would I not have to get a whole new cat-back system? I live in a little town in central texas, and I only know of one muffler shop. I know the guy who owns it, but like I said its texas. If your car doesnt have a 350 and a pair slicks nobody cares about it. Would they even know what I was talking about if I went there and told them that?

p.s. jackass- good call on the non-ricer body kit. I see people in my town with these huge primer gray body kits its like "what are you thinking?" Some can make it look good, but some can make it look real bad.

Alright, if you want your car to sound good, you don't really need a cat-back system. They do make your car sound nice and add like 10hp, however, they are around $500! My civic sounds really nice with just a bomz muffler(4" tip) My suggestion on rims that would look phat on your car would be 17" Enkei CDR-9's. You can get those new for around $750 with tires. For lowering, it all depends on what your comfort level is. Coil-overs are nice, but make your car bounce like your in some rap video. Lowering springs drop the car, and give a decent ride, but your stuck with that height.

damn, sucks for you cause thats hella money..unless you get a hook-up from the shop you know.

again, stop replying to topics which you have no clue what your talking about.

im not going to bother reading the rest of your post.

custom piping is cheaper than a complete cat-back system.

Archived