2nd gear shift concern

typeSH

Question-I have a concern where I get something I would describe as a "crunch" when going into 2nd gear. It only happens when the vehicle is cold (actually cold outside and engine/trans are not warmed up). It goes away after the vehicle gets to operating temperature.

2nd gear syncro?

Also, if thoughts are the syncro-why only when it's cold?

Checked fluid level and condition-good.

could be a syncro getting bad. you should change your trans fluid. does it do it no matter what? or can ya baby it in? does it do it when downshifting as well?

could be a syncro getting bad. you should change your trans fluid. does it do it no matter what? or can ya baby it in? does it do it when downshifting as well?

Thanks for the reply!

It seems to only do in on upshift and, yes-if I lightly press it into gear and not force it at all, it will go into gear without "crunching" or "grinding." There's a little resistance, but it slides in with light pressure after about 3 seconds-only until it warms up and then shifts fine.

Think starting with changing the fluid to see if there is any change?

topping up and bleeding some new fluid through the system will prolly help. sounds like a clutch issue dude , not a tranny issue.

Archived