EXACTLY HOW BAD DO PROJECTORS SUCK???

gogators222

I have a 95 Accord, and am seriously considering buying some black one piece dual halo projectors from ebay. I really want to get the projectors because they look so good. Right now, I have chrome/euro lenses everywhere, and I don't really like it. I would love to get the black projectors, so I could also get black signals, sidemarkers, and rear bumper lenses. I already have a nice pair of carbon fiber taillights. I really think my car would look amazing blacked out a bit. The thing is, if I get the HIDs, then I can't black anything out. It wouldn't match. Also, my headlights are not very symmetrical. My right low beam is much more solid and brighter than my left. I've tried to adjust them, but the left just looks weak. I've changed bulbs and everything. That's why I think projectors may actually be better than what I have now. At least if I get projectors, they should be symmetrical and even on both sides. The thing that sucks about projectors is that I can't get HIDs because the bulbs are too long. Also, I've read that the projectors I've looked at say than you should only go with a 4500K bulb. Well, I just ordered some Nokyas that are 7000K. Does than mean that the temperature will melt the plastic on the projectors? Also I've heard than installing projectors on my car is a real pain in the butt. I've even heard that you have to take the bumper off. OK, so basically, my car would look better blacked out with projectors, but I could see better with HIDs. I would actually pay less for the HIDs than the projectors, and all of the lenses, and the installation would be a lot easier. One last thing though, I'm afraid that since the beams on my headlights aren't very symmetrical, the HIDs might magnify the difference between the two. Anyway, I guess it's just one of those things where I know what I should do(get HIDs), but I really want to do the other(projectors). I just don't want to regret it, because that would suck. Is it hard to see with projectors, or do you think they might actually be better than what I have now? PLEASE HELP!!! This is my car:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...imageID=5399347

#1. Projectors for any car are difficult because you have to align each individual lens, rather than the entire housing like stock. The going concensus on most cars is that projectors don't help one bit as far as visibility, and most cut it.

#2. The difference between 4500k and 7000k has nothing to due with temperature. The #'s represent "color temperature." 4500k is going to be yellower (more like stock) while 7000k is going to be more blue. That is the difference between 4500k and 7000k.

#3. In order to do a complete HID conversion, you need to look into ballasts, wiring, and bulbs that can be retrofitted into the headlight housings you have. Check out HID-planet.com and do some research on HID's. Most true retrofits will cost close to $1000, depending on the car, and its a lot of work. If you're looking for HID style bulbs, you may as well keep your stock headlight housings.

Archived