Car burning oil

1994 TEG

I have a 94' Integra LS it has 198,233 miles on the motor but most of the miles are highway miles. It is burning oil really bad. Does anyone have any clue what it could be and how i could get it to stop burning oil? If you could help me id really appricate it.

thanks nick :help:

First I would try the stop leak oil stuff. If it still burns oil you've got something really wrong with your car and you need to fix it ASAP,...or get a new motor.

Is it just burning oil or is it spraying it on the engine?

if your car still has power , burns oil mostly when cold , its seals. if its losing power , and burns it during higher revs or under load , than its rings. its not a headgasket at all.

if you wanna do it right , engine needs to be bored out till its true , pistons to match the holes with new rings and bearings. if you just wanna make it work ok again , take pistons out , recrosshatch cylinders , fire old but cleaned pistons in with new rings and run it.

sounds like its your rings wearing out , not seals.

Archived