Engine Problems 2003 CRV- suggestions?

Hello, I'm new here but looking for some suggestions.

I have a 2003 CRV and had some engine idle issues. It's been in twice: here's the story

1) First time- cold starts in Park- idles and almost dies several times (1000RPM to 200RPM). Symptoms disapeared once it warmed up. The dealer fixed the air valve (PCV) and it went away.

2) On a warm start in Park the idle zips up and down and almost dies. (1000 RPM to 200RPM). In drive at a stop light, with my foot on the brake, the car would lurch forward (RPM went up but I didn't see how much.)

The dealer did a new down load of the engine software- but said if it re occured it could be a throttle body issue which is big $.

So... any thoughts? I have read about burned valves and valve adjustments but the cost scares the heck out of me.

I thought Honda was reliable ? (not ready to give up yet... though.)

Thanks!

ZoomerCRV

IACV(idle air control valve) , FITV(fast idle thermo valve). could be a vacuum leak. could be a few things. could be clogged EGR ports(if those have an EGR valve).

Follow up on my CRV problem... 2/24

It was a throttle body issue. My check engine light came on shortly after the last dealer visit, and that sealed the deal.

I politely explained that my car is not even officially 4 years old yet (oct) and only has 47,500 miles on it, and I've been in now 3 times for the same problem. The customer service person got 50% off parst/labor so instead of paying 1000.00 for it, it was about 500.00.

Thanks for the help and consideration.

Zoomer CRV.

Follow up on my CRV problem... 2/24

It was a throttle body issue. My check engine light came on shortly after the last dealer visit, and that sealed the deal.

I politely explained that my car is not even officially 4 years old yet (oct) and only has 47,500 miles on it, and I've been in now 3 times for the same problem. The customer service person got 50% off parst/labor so instead of paying 1000.00 for it, it was about 500.00.

Thanks for the help and consideration.

Zoomer CRV.

WOW, did they put in an entire throttle body???

Archived