8 members have voted

1. 1. What shoul i run

• Flowmaster 60 series
    • cherry bomb
    • A'PEXi
    • Strait Pipe
    • Coffie Can!

Answer me this

Don't run a flowmaster. Not with a header anyways. Chambers will start to rust away afert it's about a year old. I've got a 40 series flowmaster with HP racing 4-2-1 header. it sounded good for about a year until the second week I had the header on. Now it sounds like crap til about 4100rpm. Performs good, sounds like crap.

Don't run a flowmaster. Not with a header anyways. Chambers will start to rust away afert it's about a year old. I've got a 40 series flowmaster with HP racing 4-2-1 header. it sounded good for about a year until the second week I had the header on. Now it sounds like crap til about 4100rpm. Performs good, sounds like crap.

i'd sooner think the flowmaster would outlast half these cheap ones on the market.....

i'd sooner think the flowmaster would outlast half these cheap ones on the market.....

It does. I've had mine for over 5 years, and no problems yet. I think the stainless pipe will rust out before the muffler will.

I thought it would. It had a sweet ass sound in the begining and sounded better when I first put the header on and got rid of the cat. 3 days later it started geting louder and louder. Now it sounds like bees passing each other head on in an air show.

um... no, cause they are stainless too.

I don't know what kind of flowmasters yall have been using, but I'm on my 2nd

set of 40 series on my 5.0 mustang. As far as the one on my 98 civic, it's the

40 series delta flow cat-back system. Even got a big ass tip that says flowmaster

across it. Where the black paint has gotten chipped by rocks on the bottom it's

rusting like hell. Want me to take some pics? lol

Well i thought that the 40 series were mainly for like v8's i never thought of them on a civic...but my dad has Super 40's on his impala and they have been on for i think two years and they sound SICK!!!! i m thinking of the 60 series for my car...here click on the sound clip on this page

http://flowmastermufflers.com/60_series.html

I don't know what kind of flowmasters yall have been using, but I'm on my 2nd

set of 40 series on my 5.0 mustang. As far as the one on my 98 civic, it's the

40 series delta flow cat-back system. Even got a big ass tip that says flowmaster

across it. Where the black paint has gotten chipped by rocks on the bottom it's

rusting like hell. Want me to take some pics? lol

actually read the thread and you'll know what i was talking about :thumbsup:

Archived