'92 civic EX suspension help!?

92civicEX

Hello, I'm still fairly new into modifying my ride.... but I'm currently looking into dropping it a few inches. I'm just looking for a few suggestions on the best route to go based on my needs. I was going to go all out and buy a full skunk2 coilover suspension kit, but I don't plan on doing any kind of track racing or anything like that, so I dont really see the point in paying that much for for excellent handeling. Then again, I dont want to go with the $60 lowering kits they have for sale on ebay either, because that just sounds sketchy. I want to keep it quality, without spending too much on something I wont even get the use out of.

Also, I have heard about something called a "camber kit (sp?)"... that would prevent your tires from tilting inwards after you drop the car. Would I need one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, chris

you can get a set of skunk2 or numerous brands on ebay for cheaper than anywhere else. yes youl need a camber kit depending on how much you drop. you say a few inches , which is way too much , 2" is perfect imo.

i got eibach sportline springs and tokico shocks. weren't that expensive and dropped the car 2 inches. im very happy with the way it rides. dropped the car 2 inches. and yeah you should get a camber kit as well

Alright, thanks guys... really appreciate the input.

I'm looking at skunks ($650) or a brand called UGR ($550). Should that be about how expensive I'm looking at for quality, or would it just be buying the name? All the rest I've seen are going for around $100 bucks, and that just doesnt sound right.

Archived