Electrical Problems???

francie81

Hi everyone,

I've recently encountered two problems with the electrics. The 1st one is that my fule light doesn't work now, what would be wrong there could it be the bulb in the dash or dirt caught in the fuel pump???

The 2nd problem is abit unusual, when I switch on the fog light and then switch my head lights off the fog light goes off with it, is that normal for honda???

Any sort of help appreciated on this would be great.

Thanks,

Francie

not sure about the fuel light, maybe check to make sure your gas cap is tightened.

and im pretty sure the fog light thing is normal for honda. my fogs/aux lights turn off when i turn on the high beams also

the gas light could be a ground finally rusted off , or a bulb i guess. and these driving lights are factory? or somin you or someone else added? maybe they used the power lead for the headlights for the driving lights and that would expain it.

not sure about the fuel light, maybe check to make sure your gas cap is tightened.

and im pretty sure the fog light thing is normal for honda. my fogs/aux lights turn off when i turn on the high beams also

ye prob only something small although there is a fuse for the "fuel pump srs unit" but doubt the light would have anything to do with that.

so that is normal for the fogs, thanks for that mate.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have a 2000 civic ex coupe auto, i went to hardwire in a radar detector and here is the problem, i have taken power from all three sources on different occasions to try to resolve the problem but it still happens. I hook the radar detector into a power source then when i put the car in any gear other then park or neutral the radar detector turns off. Then when i put it back in P or N it turns back on again. I have taken it from the fuse panel, the cruise contrl swtich, and finally behind the radio. On all three occasions i have tried either or and it does not work, i am driving myself crazy and i need help with this problem so can anyone please help me i would really appreciate it.

Archived