HF

mycarsux

Here's a little excerpt taken from wikipedia about HF (hydroflouric acid):

Symptoms of skin exposure to dilute HF are not felt immediately, but exposure of less than 10% of the body to it can be fatal, even with immediate medical treatment. Highly concentrated solutions may lead to acute hypocalcemia, followed by cardiac arrest and death, and will usually be fatal in as little as 2% body exposure (about the size of the sole of the foot). This substance is extremely toxic and has the capacity to kill upon exposure rather than simply damage skin and eyes. It should be handled with extreme care, beyond that given to hydrochloric, sulfuric, or other mineral acids.

Due to low dissociation constant, HF can penetrate tissues quickly like a small non-polar particle. Hydrofluoric acid which comes into direct contact with the fingers can severely damage or destroy the tissue underneath the nail without causing any damage to the nail itself. It is this ability to cause little harm to outer tissues but considerable harm to inner tissues which can produce dangerous delays in treatment of hydrofluoric acid exposure. Once the pain starts, it is out of proportion to the burns produced. Patients often describe the feeling as if they have struck their fingers with a hammer. HF that penetrates under the skin causes later development of painful ulcers, which heal slowly.

Solutions of less than 20% HF can produce pain and redness with delay up to 24 hours after skin exposure. 20 to 50% HF produces pain and redness within 8 hours, and solutions of more than 50% produce immediate burning, redness and blister formation. Contact of the skin with the anhydrous liquid produces severe burns.

HF KILLS!

that crap burns! especially when you get it in cuts!.

Ummm, if you've had HF in your cuts you wouldn't be alive. Guys that actually deal with the stuff know how dangerous it is and keep a knife on them when dealing with it...meaning they chop off the body part that touches the stuff, without hesitation.

Ummm, if you've had HF in your cuts you wouldn't be alive. Guys that actually deal with the stuff know how dangerous it is and keep a knife on them when dealing with it...meaning they chop off the body part that touches the stuff, without hesitation.

mmmm...yummy. bleh

LOL i laugh at your ignorance. it is used as an aluminum cleaner. I work at a fuel company that deals with Al tanks... they get dirty and we whip out the hydroflouric acid.

I didn't say it wasn't diluted.:thumbsup:

Ok yeah diluted, but its way weaker when its diluted. Etching glass with HF requires a more concentrated solution.

Pyro, what's your experience with HF anyway? Ever use it?

If anyone pisses me off I'm damn sure gonna' cut them and throw HF in their wounds.

You won't even have to cut them.

Ok yeah diluted, but its way weaker when its diluted. Etching glass with HF requires a more concentrated solution.

Pyro, what's your experience with HF anyway? Ever use it?

You won't even have to cut them.

Hell no. I'll sling it in their eyes.

i use to work at a carwash and a lot of carwashes use it as a rim cleanr/ and window cleaner for the tunnel window (not the cars). when i use to use it i would have to dress up in a rubber suit and i was always scared that i would get it on me. u cant feel it untill a couple days later when its too late. it bonds and eats away calcium so bassically what it does is eats ur bones away. we had a big bucket of pure hf and we had to dilute it before using it but bassically i have access to pure hf.:- not suggessting anything but offers might be eccepted.

Archived