Suggestions for buying first Del Sol

TrailMystic

Here's goes the first post on this forum. I am going to buy a Del Sol in the next few months. A friend offered to buy his '93 with 200K for $1,800. It seems like a lot of miles, but it runs great and the body is in good condition.

What are the issues I should be aware of (leaking roof in early models?). Are there some good links you could recommend? I'm sure this question has been asked a lot of times. Thanks to those of you who have the patience to answer it.

I totally built up my Rodeo Amigo to the point that there is no more I can do and still keep it a daily driver. I suspect I will turn my modification addiction to the Del Sol now. I want to use the Del Sol for longer trips because the Amigo mpg is not the best.

Thanks,

Pete

Richmond, VA

if the roof does leak, you can try this or you can get new seals which if you replace everything will be around 5-600 i think. other minor problems are the vinyl on the door lifts up a little. i dont think its that noticeable unless you know its there. other than that its a great car, ive had mine for about 4 years and i love it. 200k is pretty high, but its a honda, so if its taken care of, should run fine. if not, you can always drop in a new motor for a couple grand. good luck with it. any other questions feel free to ask

if the roof does leak, you can try this or you can get new seals which if you replace everything will be around 5-600 i think. other minor problems are the vinyl on the door lifts up a little. i dont think its that noticeable unless you know its there. other than that its a great car, ive had mine for about 4 years and i love it. 200k is pretty high, but its a honda, so if its taken care of, should run fine. if not, you can always drop in a new motor for a couple grand. good luck with it. any other questions feel free to ask

Thanks. I read through the old posts (I'm in a boring meeting right now and they think I'm taking notes). It's amazing that there are so few issues with the Del Sol compared with other cars.

Pete

you can also check out the typical honda rust spots on the rear 1/4 by the tire. but check the entire car for rust. underneath it too. not really a del sol problem, but something to check for on any car

yah mine has them above the quarter panel and kinda down by the mudd flap its starting but im gettin mine painted and fix in march no more fated red..anyways kno any good sites bc house of kolar u can buy paint from?

Archived