headlight covers

Dragongyrl18

I'm just scared of screwing up. I knew a couple people that screwed up and they left a gap somewhere and water started going in and you see that shyt. So I want to make sure a professional does it. But now I was told a different price. W/e I'm just going to see. Cuz the people where I go thought it was just the corner light and realized that the 98 civics the headlights cover has to be removed completely not like the 95 civics which are two different covers. Yea so I want to change the covers and the bulbs.

oh...ok I think I know what you guys are talking about now :laugh:

depends, sometimes the build of the headlight determines how well it's sealed. It shouldn't really matter if you do it or a pro does it, if the seals suck then they'll end up condensing. Don't know any good manufacturers but I'd stay away from APC stuff. I'd settle for some JDM headlights, the one's with black housing...but that's just me.

As far as I know, your headlight replacement will be illegal no matter what, even if you stick an amber bulb in them. You see, you need the amber reflector on the front sides...

I mean I know anything you really do to the car is illegal BUT cops can't stop you for changing your headlight covers or your bulbs nor your taillights. Unless they have a valuable reason to do so. Either way I'm going to have to take it to a pro. But its pretty hefty money. And the people I take my car to do one heck of a job so I dont think they'd do anything wrong. I trust them.

yeah, about cops not being able to pull you over for your lights; they can't really pull you over for JUST that, but if you are speeding or doing anything, and i mean ANYTHING (something as little as not signaling while switching lanes) then they can write you up for the lights aswell as the speeding.

its called a secondary violation. easy example:

here in florida it is illegal to not wear your seatbelt. well, cops couldn't pull you over for just not wearing your seatbelt because (up until recently) it was a secondary violation. you had to do something primary like speeding, driving wrecklessly, not signalling, no tag, etc. but the cop could write you up for them after he pulled you over for the primary. confusing i know!

oh, and in florida...its a $60 ticket for lights. especially the blue ones.

It's not a secondary violation here. If you don't have a seatbelt on, your getting pulled over. Even the passengers who aren't wearing a seatbelt can get you the driver pulled over. It kind of sucks...

As well as lights...those don't seem to be secondary either. When clear tails were the rage, my friend got fix it tickets up the ying yang. As well as clear corners and LED washers. And if the cop is smart, he'll get you for the tezzas also...they may say they are DOT approved, but most of them aren't.

Also, the cop could be a real a$$ and pull you over for having an antenna topper. Those are against the law here apparently. Found this out when cops who hated KIIS FM would pull over KIIS fans who had those KIIS antenna toppers on their cars to win like $1 million bucks.

well I know the led are illegal and thats if u have them in any color other than white. Green are acceptable but watch out. I just got mine in white. My tints are illegal by percentage but by looks they aren't who figures. I have 20% and they look so good that you can't tell. Well I guess they have no respect for peeps who wanna fix up their cars

Archived