TUNE UP time!!!!

I am doing my bi yearly tune up, I say bi yearly more like 1.5 yr tune up. My engine is not beat to crap but is high reved at times. So what I need to know is what all do I need to replace to do a all out tune up. I have already ordered my Laser NGK platinum plugs, changed out my wires with 7mm borgs&warners wires, and chaged my rotor. Do I need to replce my internal coil or is that impossible without taking my valve cover off? also I have seen the MSD caps that allow an external coil, is there any real advantages to this or are they very minimal bang for buck ratio? I also have a loose wire coming from my apexi vfac that will be fixed this up coming sunday. thanks any other small repairs ntes are greatly appreciatted.

Keep it all NGK. I have B&W cables and plugs and I need to switch back. The difference is slight, but noticeable.

Where can you get the NGK wires besides the net? niether oreiley or autozone carry them......also I do have a K&N filter type and it has been cleaned and re oiled....no response to the MSD cap upgrade?

Where can you get the NGK wires besides the net? niether oreiley or autozone carry them......also I do have a K&N filter type and it has been cleaned and re oiled....no response to the MSD cap upgrade?

Discount Advance has them. :p

Ummm...Honda?

I was just talking about the OEM breather filter (if the car has one). It's a very cheap, and very commonly over looked part. On vehicles running a stock air box, that came with a breater filter form the factory; you will allways have a little oil blow by into the breather filter. A lot of people neglect to replace it and the air filter gets soaked with oil after the breather element becomes saturated.

I do however agree that aftermarket stainless external breathers can dress up an engine compartment. you just have to make sure they are installed properly to avoid oil dripping out into your engine compartment. And, tree huggers hate them!

As far as the question about the MSD cap; I don't know the specific set up your talking about. However, a good quality performance replacement cap is always a good idea. The higher grade conductor tips inside the cap, and wire towers outside the cap, will resist wear and corrosion much better than an OE style cap due to higher quality materials. Less wear and corrosion means more spark energy getting to the wires due to lower resistance. Not to mention that the materials used in these caps usually has a higher conductivity rate to begin with.

As far as the question about the MSD cap; I don't know the specific set up your talking about. However, a good quality performance replacement cap is always a good idea. The higher grade conductor tips inside the cap, and wire towers outside the cap, will resist wear and corrosion much better than an OE style cap due to higher quality materials. Less wear and corrosion means more spark energy getting to the wires due to lower resistance. Not to mention that the materials used in these caps usually has a higher conductivity rate to begin with.

THIS one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-HONDA...077103044QQrdZ1

Doesn't look like a bad set up at all. I'm not a big fan of auto parts from eBay, but if it's real NOS MSD I don't see why not. Don't forget to also use a HiPo ignition rotor with high quality conductor.

Archived