car audio system

rambandagi

Hi,

I am having trouble getting a car stereo for my 1992 Accord. The best buy guys told me that they could not install a new stereo in my car, cos, the panel was altered by the previous owner, who seemed to have replaced the factory system after having removed his personal stereo.

I am wondering if I could do it myself. I am interested in installing the Boss Audio 634U MP3 car audio system (http://www.bossaudio.com/home/catalog/public_html/catalog.php?sNs=1&deptNum=1) with an installation kit.

My fear is that this will not fit...but I am not sure whom to ask about this before placing the online order. Please comment if this is a foolish idea or is it doable. Also, how come Boss car audio's are not in the scene and hardlt there are any reviews and the speakers of Boss are available for the lowest prices that I have seen...Please comment.

Thanks a lot for your feedback in advance!!

Ram

Hi,

I am having trouble getting a car stereo for my 1992 Accord. The best buy guys told me that they could not install a new stereo in my car, cos, the panel was altered by the previous owner, who seemed to have replaced the factory system after having removed his personal stereo.

Im not sure why they wont install it. Something must have been heavily modified with the mounting brackets or something. Go to a shop that specializes in car audio, they will have a better grasp of what you need to do to get a head unit in your ride.

Also, how come Boss car audio's are not in the scene and hardlt there are any reviews and the speakers of Boss are available for the lowest prices that I have seen...Please comment.

Thanks a lot for your feedback in advance!!

Ram

Its because Boss is very low end equipment.

Boss, Legacy, Pyrmid, Kenford, Rockwood, Pyle, Crunch, Sound Storm. . . etc. .

These are all companies that you want to stay away from.

Archived