HELP! I'M SICK OF TROUBLESHOOTING

Attaus

Alright, so I've always had a slow leak. The guys at the lube shop said I needed a new oil pan gasket. Ok, no problem, right? Wrong. It took me almost 2 weeks to get that damn thing replaced. It was one thing after another.

Now that it's replaced, I start it up, and it still leaks. WTF??

It was not that bad before, but with the cold weather I lost 4 quarts in 6 miles. I thought because of the freezing temps that the gasket had shrunk and been even worse. Well, now when I look there is a ton of oil coming from the back of the block under the oil filter. I believe this is the CPS (crank postition sensor). Can anyone confirm this? There is just a constant stream from that bitch.

crank position sensor is in the dizzy. CKP(crank position sensor) , CYP(cylinder position sensor) , and TDC(top dead center sensor) , are all in the dizzy. for OBD2 vehicles , theres also a CKF(crank fluctuation sensor) located under the lower timing cover. your talking about the oil pressure sensor most likely. take it out , see if its stripped first of all , maybe it just came loose for some reason. if it looks good , fire it back in with some teflon tape around the threads. no engine light comming on warning you of low pressure? or low oil for that matter , lol. dont panic man , easy fix. just dont drive it while its dry of oil of course.

Yeah, I know, but I haven't touched the damn thing. I've been shooting a code for a while now, but the oil leak only got bad recently. It was like, one day it was fine, then the next it dropped way down in temp (22 degrees F down from like 50-60 the day before) and oil just started gushing out. It's completely undrivable. The only thing is that it only loses oil when running.

I'm almost 100% positive that it's related to that sensor. There's no oil right above it from the filter, but that sensor is completely soaked. I tried to tighten it -- which I haven't ever touched before -- and it wouldn't budge. I couldn't get anything around it. All I have is a 15mm openface and it looks like I need a 17 + 19mm openface.

It's just odd that this thing would blow out without anything to provoke it.

i agree. i think its comming from somewheres else. oil pan again most likely. clean up the oil thats on it , put the front in the air on stands , lay under it while someone fires it up , and see wheres its comming from dude , its all you can do. youl find it. you gotta get dirty!! , lol. im wondering if maybe your oil filter isnt on tight. or , and ive seen this happen many times , your oil filter was put on without the old rubber o ring gasket being removed first. funny story , lol , 11 years ago , my buddy had an 86 crx. his ol man had a really pricy house in posh area , big garage , we had the floor stined black from one corner to the other from working on cars , lol. he was pissed. so he buys a new house , another posh one , brand spanking new , new garage , lol , he tells us , no fukin working on cars in my garage anymore , ill kill yas both. my buddy says yeah dad no prolem. so his parents go away week later , my buddy andrew decides hes gonna do an oil change in dads brand new garage , very confident in the fact he can do it without spilling a drop , well be careful he says , lol. so we drain it , remove filter , new one on , fill er up , not a fukin drop anywheres. cars back on the ground , im standing in front looking under the hood. he reaches in and fires it up , to fill oil filter before you final check it , were looking at the engine , all the sudden , a golden pool starts to flow from under the font bumper , car pumped out 4 litres of oil in a minute flat , hahaha , puddle about 5 foot diameter , fuk i laughed. his ol man was pissed. he left the old gasket on when installing new filter.

Archived