98 accord problem

box

sup ya'll, noob to the boards, so whats up.

anyway, i've got a problem with my 98 accord lx manual 4cyl. Starting this summer it would occasionally, just die while driving. No stuttering, no warning. just all of a sudden it would die out while doing 70mph. It still had full battery, radio on, windows roll up and down. Usually i would be able to start it back up while still coasting and continue on my way. gradually this would happen then get stuck on side of the road for about 5mins then start like nothing ever happend.

The other day, it happend 3 times , all in the span of an hour. Sit there and try to start it, then after about 5-10 ,starts right back up.

Strange part was this time, with the key OUT i could roll my windows up and down,radio still worked, which usually cannot happen.This happend in hot and cold weather.

i've looked around the forums and used the search function. Seems to be that possibly It is the igniter or coil, main relay, Plugs, wire, and dist cap.

Does this sound right and has anyone else had this problem with a 98 accord?

also i saw in one of the posts, was that i DO have an after market alarm.dunno if that could be part of the problem or not.

lost peeps, any help would be appreciated.

anyway, i've got a problem with my 98 accord lx manual 4cyl. Starting this summer it would occasionally, just die while driving. No stuttering, no warning. just all of a sudden it would die out while doing 70mph. It still had full battery, radio on, windows roll up and down. Usually i would be able to start it back up while still coasting and continue on my way. gradually this would happen then get stuck on side of the road for about 5mins then start like nothing ever happend.

The other day, it happend 3 times , all in the span of an hour. Sit there and try to start it, then after about 5-10 ,starts right back up.

Strange part was this time, with the key OUT i could roll my windows up and down,radio still worked, which usually cannot happen.This happend in hot and cold weather.

i've looked around the forums and used the search function. Seems to be that possibly It is the igniter or coil, main relay, Plugs, wire, and dist cap.

I haven't had this particular problem, but I do know that even with the keys out, your window will work for a couple of minutes, or until you open your door. (or any other door). That is 100% normal (It is normal on my 2000 Accord, and it used to work on my 93 too)...

I would GUESS coil, but I don't know for sure. You can always search here too. Maybe its come up before...

I haven't had this particular problem, but I do know that even with the keys out, your window will work for a couple of minutes, or until you open your door. (or any other door). That is 100% normal (It is normal on my 2000 Accord, and it used to work on my 93 too)...

I would GUESS coil, but I don't know for sure. You can always search here too. Maybe its come up before...

thanks man, maybe that is normal i just never noticed it????

found this

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...mp;summary=true

It is about a recall. I'm going check if mine is one of the affected vehicles.

I hope this is it.

That sounds as close as anything else as far as I'm concerned... especially if it is slowly wearing down, which is why it is steadily getting worse...

Archived