I'm stumped...

forlife

I don't know what's going on... About every thousand miles I have to add a quart of oil. The weird thing is that I have no white smoke coming from the exhaust, and my driveway is clean, no oil drippage anywhere. Does anyone know what's going on???

I just don't know where to start... Head gasket maybe, that's all I can think of... Compression tests??? Could I have a small enough amout of white smoke that I wouldn't see it, but enough to burn a quart of oil every thousand miles?

I just don't know where to start... Head gasket maybe, that's all I can think of... Compression tests??? Could I have a small enough amout of white smoke that I wouldn't see it, but enough to burn a quart of oil every thousand miles?

99 Accord LX, no mods, 134,000 miles. It was my parents and they drive very... well like grandparents. So the car's been babied.

Take note in the morning when you 1st start it to see if you are getting any Blackish - Blueish smoke coming out of the exhaust and if their is some it is a good idication you might have worn valve guide seals. With seals it will only do it in the morning and maybe at the end of a 8 hour work day. Once up to operating temp the valve guide seals may seal a little better and the cat will be hotter and burn the excess off so you would not see any.

A compression test will give you a good ring - valve seal story, so you might want to ave that done too.

Burning oil does not make white smoke come out, that would be a head gasket failure most likely.

I don't know what's going on... About every thousand miles I have to add a quart of oil. The weird thing is that I have no white smoke coming from the exhaust, and my driveway is clean, no oil drippage anywhere. Does anyone know what's going on???

i'm gonna say prolly a set of rings goin bad.

or valve stem seals

Archived