De-Stroked B16

Hatch92

ok i read this in a mag a while back they de-stroked a b16. the questions i have are since the motor can rev higher now but how well would it take to boost or nitrous? how much power could be built all motor?

pyro , for the last time dude , that is so not the point here at all. we all know pyro that they are capable of more power. NOT THE POINT DUDE. once again , NOT THE POINT DUDE.

destroking an engine reduces overall piston travel , meaning hatch , it makes the engine work less but still achieve same power. destroking an engine without boost would be a waste imo. the less of a stroke the crank has , and the longer the piston rods , the higher the R/S ratio is , meaning the engine is under less stress , less scraping of cylinder walls by the piston. so on. when your running boost , you dont need a long stroke , cause you achieve a high CR with the amount of fuel/air you suck in in that short stroke under boost , cause air/fuel is getting pummeled in.

No one decreases displacement to find more power is what i'm saying. Lol y would you want less than what you started with? more volume = more air, and fuel = more power. thats just crazy to go less, and rather dumb imho.

longer, or shorter rods doesn't decrease the ammount the piston is scraping the walls. It causes more wear because of higher piston speeds.

Archived