ebay Timing belt kit

Huffa

Anyone buy a kit like this or this exact one and install it? I wrote to them asking if it is for a VTEC motor also. Quite sure it is but thought I'd better ask.

Anyone just so happen to live close by me that would want to do the job for me? I'd pay you and would want to help or do most of it myself, I just need a good teacher with a 1/2 drive air gun to crack the crankshaft bolt loose and show me exactly the procedure.

I'd drive up to 200 miles away or so or you could drive to me and I'll pay your gas bill.

I live in Slatington Pa 18080.

Thanks!!

So it's an ebay auction for all Honda parts? That does change things.

Normally when people use ebay as the brand name they mean no-name brand on ebay. If it's really a Honda kit, why would we care that you're getting it on ebay?

Go for it, man. I always like to have someone help me with something the first time I do it too. Just use a breaking bar instead of looking for someone with air-tools.

So it's an ebay auction for all Honda parts? That does change things.

Normally when people use ebay as the brand name they mean no-name brand on ebay. If it's really a Honda kit, why would we care that you're getting it on ebay?

Go for it, man. I always like to have someone help me with something the first time I do it too. Just use a breaking bar instead of looking for someone with air-tools.

John, It does not say that they ARE ALL Honda parts ...................

" All parts are either Genuine Honda, or OEA, OEM (made by the manufacturer that Honda uses ie.. Bando, Koyo, GMB, NPW, ASCO, NIPPON) "

I never hear of Bando, Koyo, GMB etc, etc and did not know that many companies can make the same parts for Honda and still am not sure if that is the case. I'd rather hear from a few that used this kit before I would purchase it.

It seems to be a great deal and is nice you don't have to screw around with ordering a bundle of parts but if they are not quality parts, then of course it isn't worth it.

Anyone have knowledge of all these other suppliers they list?

"Honda Accord 2.2 Liter DX LX EX SE F22 SOHC 1990-1997

Honda Odyssey 2.2 Liter 1995-1997 F22

Honda Prelude 2.2 Single Over head Cam 1992-1996 Non Vtech F22A1

Isuzu Oasis 2.2 Liter 1996-1997 F22B6"

Haha dont trust it!...

Just kidding..

Oh. I didn't read the whole thing I just looked at it a little. I don't know about any of those brands either....

Also spelling VTEC wrong is really shady. I mean, this is for a timing belt. That's technical enough that the people selling should have at least seen a valve cover once.

I'd look online for kits from reputable manufacturers. I usually start with autopartswarehouse.com just as a jumping off point. They're good for stuff like this and may even have a kit.

Whoa its kastigir, haven't see him post in awhile.

And he makes a good suggestion too. Lol.

Been busy. As to my suggestion, it's far cheaper to pay dealer prices for a timing belt, than to replace your head when a crap belt snaps.

My buddy bought his kit off ebay. The belts were OEM Honda but the water pump was knock-off. No problems yet, out round 6,000 miles so far. If you are working on a Prelude is DOES NOT come with auto-tensioner but we got the old one to work.

Archived