crank pully...?

92ge

ok so i took my car out for a spin around the block...it was driving fine until my underdrive crank pully fell out and was lying on the grass...sucks a$$...the belt to the alternator is missing and i can still start the engine but it makes a wierd noise...can i buy a new chuck key and the bolt and put the pully back in and will it be the same...or did i mess up my crank?...

Wow! Don't drive it. The underdrive crank pulleys are bad b/c they dont have a harmonic balancer built in. It reduces harmful vibrations in crank. I'd put the stock pulley back on and make sure the bolt is tight!

ok so i took my car out for a spin around the block...it was driving fine until my underdrive crank pully fell out and was lying on the grass...sucks a$$...the belt to the alternator is missing and i can still start the engine but it makes a wierd noise...can i buy a new chuck key and the bolt and put the pully back in and will it be the same...or did i mess up my crank?...

uuuuhh.....the crank pully came off and you can still start the car? ooook

that pully is for accessorys dude , not needed to run an engine. your gonna need a new keyway sounds like as well , the little keyway that goes between the pully and the crank in the little groove. your gonna need one.

yep...i got everything...but waiting for the bolt...but it makes a wierd noise without the crank pully (like a clicking noise)....will that noise go away once i put everything back together....

its also a balancing tool for your crankshaft as its turning. thus the name harmonic balancer. older cars , or domestic V8's for the most part anyways , have a harmonic balancer , than the main pully bolted to that. well in your car , they are 2 in 1. see what happens when you bolt it back on , than post results , all you can do my man. i really cant see it hurting the engine. i hope your bolt just came out and didnt break off inside as well , lol , thats a crap ass job to do , even with a good easy out.

nope...the bolt did not break off in there...but the slot where the key goes into is kinda stripped...is there a way to keep that pully in there...could i weld it into place...?

ok...so this morning i put the carnk pull back on with the key...it wobbles a bit...but will it go away once i put the bolt back in there....? could i weld the bolt right in there so it wont fall out next time...?

hmmm. get it to fit as best as possible dude. i mean the bolt will hold it tight , but make sure its sitting where it has to be before its tightened. weld the keyway to the crank if you have to.

that pully is for accessorys dude , not needed to run an engine. your gonna need a new keyway sounds like as well , the little keyway that goes between the pully and the crank in the little groove. your gonna need one.

ahh look learned somethin new.

well i just put the bolt into place...it runs great now...will the bolt come off again...? and if it does wat are some things that i can do to help prevent it from happening next time...

Archived