back fire

ArtyMillz

no it's called back pressure when your car revs right around 3. - 5 grand your backprssure builds and thats what causes your motor to backfire or Misfire it's not a bad thing. my hatch does it and it's built i just need a turbo because im running so low of a compression that it does have the back pressure power to keep the air flowing correctly

My 92 Civic Hatch backfires a little bit between each shift. It has a B18B1 LS VTEC conversion in it with a custome exaust and no catalitic converter. Its running a little rich and the rings are about shot. All perfect condtions for un-burned fuel to be in the exaust but any one of those conditions by its self could cause it. There are so many diffrent things that could cause it. Your thermo sensor could be bad which causes the car to run rich n order to make it run hotter. When the sensor goes bad it thinks that the car is running cooler than it actually is.

Archived