B16 misfire

Okay guys, it's been a while since i've been on here. I have a b16a1 and i have this very mysterious misfire.

It feels like a fire problem. I have new Crane Cam wires and 4 month old iridium plugs. I have no idea what's wrong. Im runnin optimal to rich on my a/f gauge. so i know it's not fuel. someone help!

no engine light on? if it didnt do it before you installed the plugs and wires than id say thats your prolem. i cant see the wires , but soe aftermarket sets , the clip inside the plastic tube that snaps on the plug can back into the plastic tube too far away to snap in place properly. could be that or wires are just no good. cap rotor , could be lots a crap man if you got no CEL.

honestly dude , ive seen and heard nothing but horror stories on aftermarket wires , no matter how think they are , what pretty colors they are , lol. go buy factory ones , along with a new rotor cap and button. your NGK iridiums are good though , nice buy

I just put in Bosch stuff and while it's not giving me problems, I wish I had stuck with NGK/Denso too.

Check what cranny said about the thing getting backed up too much to make proper contact. I had that happen to me so I bought little clamps and reattached all my transfer wires to the dist. cap. Now that can't come off unless I unscrew them so I feel safer, and it hasn't happened again.

Archived