1988 lude ?

Well I long time ago I had postedon how to get the belt on my lude, and keep it in time. Well Now I've gotten it on the marks are all aligned, and I've turned the motor over and re checked the marks, and they are all still aligned.

I have spark, but it seems the engin just isn't going to start. I have yet to buy new plugs, and a cap and rotor, but will they make a difference in it starting or not? I heard it fire (once) thats whenI first tryied to get it going. I'm pretty sure when I took off the head, and when I put it all back together that I put everything back were I found it. The only thing not on the motor yet is the valve cover, and the air intake plastic crap, as of now its just open (no fileter or tubes)

Any help would be gr8!

BTW this is a DOHC 1988 prelude with injection, Just trying to get it to RUN!!

Well for those how have follwed my insan ness, I bought some new plugs and a compression tester. well i threw ont he new plugs, and I got a few fires, but after it did a little fireing, it was done, no more fireing.

So I tested them for compression, the #1 was about 170, #2 was about 150 the #3 was about 160, and the #4 had no compression at all not anything! which whould explane why the plug was so clean!

So this is what I'm left with (hopeing that its not the rings) I think it may be the valves. I mane it put the head on, and who knows mabe a rocker or two got mixed up... so with that in mind, I think what is happening, is that there is a valve open during the hole cycle (this is a 16 valve motor) So I'm going to go out and buy a feeler gage, and see were I stand....

Jason

Archived