91 CRX Dizzy question

Alright. I put in a new dizzy, but it won't turn over. Now, I was going to make sure to mark it off when pulling the old one but I forgot because I had a crap laod of stuff going on around me while doing this. I would have waited until my brother in law was available but I didn't know he could help me yesterday and I needed it for work today.

Anyhow, I got the slot lined up correctly and the dizzy is firmly mounted. It just sounds as if it's trying to turn over but not getting spark. I'm not sure if I have it off center or by how much but my father in law said something about pulling the plug out of 1 or 4 and pushing something down into the pistion and holding it there until it tries to lift or some crap. Anyone heard of something like that?

I'm hoping I didn't f*ck up the timing since I don't really want to go have to reset it. Any ideas would be great. And kiss my ass to those who I know will come here talking crap. I'm not a trained mechanic, but at least I'm trying to learn how to do this stuff.

I did that to mine last weekend when I changed my wires cuz the diagram in Chilton's was backwards. I had to look at an old picture of my engine bay to see how it was supposed to look and set it right.

hmmm , seems funny since the rotor can only go on one way , lol. dizzy can only go on one way. cap can only go on one way. finding top dead center is easy , look at the crank pully while turning engine over and stop it on the TDC mark , lol. good job though at least its running.

hmmm , seems funny since the rotor can only go on one way , lol. dizzy can only go on one way. cap can only go on one way. finding top dead center is easy , look at the crank pully while turning engine over and stop it on the TDC mark , lol. good job though at least its running.

Actually on a 91 dizzy you can put the rotor 180 degrees out. I should rephrase that and say an aftermarket button can be installed 180 degrees out.

Actually on a 91 dizzy you can put the rotor 180 degrees out. I should rephrase that and say an aftermarket button can be installed 180 degrees out.

Not sure if it matters but it's a dizzy from a 88-89 Integra anyways.

And how do you check stuff under the hood while trying to crank the motor? I'm not exactly Stretch Armstrong here.

i dont remember ever seeing that , i thought theres only one whole in the shaft for the rotor screw to go in. maybe i missed that , lol. i had a 91 .

i dont remember ever seeing that , i thought theres only one whole in the shaft for the rotor screw to go in. maybe i missed that , lol. i had a 91 .

The hole goes all the way through the shaft.

Archived